|Project by Blake||posted 1958 days ago||29106 views||188 times favorited||81 comments|
I finally finished my new Incra Router Table!!!
I consider this the most significant addition to my shop since the table saw. It was fun to build and I can’t wait to use it. This is certainly the biggest single project I have made. I still have not had much time to try it out due to the holidays, etc. I’ll post some updates on this page when I have some time to play with it.
You can see the designing and building process as I blogged it in the series: My New Router Table.
- Table dimensions: 32” x 44” (42” tall)
- Table materials: Two layers of 3/4” high quality particle board sandwiched between two layers of laminate.
- Fence: Incra Wonderfence system with Incra 17” Positioner
- Router Plate: Incra Magni-Lock Router Plate
- Router: Bosch 1617EVSPK
- Cabinet Construction: 1/2” Birch Ply joined with biscuits and trimmed with Solid Beechwood.
- Integrated Dust Collection: Craftsman 6 gal., 3hp vac housed below in a sound-insulated but vented cabinet supplies suction above and below the bit for quiet and virtually dust free operation.
- Electrical: One switch simultaneously powers router and dust collector.
- Drawers: Four drawers with full-length slides for storage of router bits, tools, jigs, etc.
- Casters: Four swiveling urethane casters, the front two are locking.
A few more detail photos:
Now comes the fun part… filling up those drawers!
-- Happy woodworking! http://www.blakeweber.us