|Project by NoLongerHere||posted 01-29-2011 09:18 PM||2444 views||10 times favorited||6 comments|
Master bedroom Project
The 13.5 ft. long his and her Armories have double rods, adjustable shelves, pull out belt and tie racks, a safe that is bolted to the floor (and booby trapped if your too interested), and an access door to the crawl space.
They are stained teak natural with 2 coats of poly with a clear coat on the inside .
The dresser drawers are 3/4 solid maple with dovetails. The top drawer is basically a men’s jewelry box with walnut dividers for a S&W 357, a collection of knives, sunglasses and watches. It is lined with faux suede leather and the lower drawers are lined with 3” aromatic cedar on the bottom.
There are puck lights and outlets inside with a 3 way touch switch attached to the middle cabinet hinge.
There is a heat supply vent under the dresser that also channels heat up the entire back to keep cabinets from getting cold.
In the toe kick are hidden, sealed, dovetailed maple drawers lined with 3” cedar closet liner. I stained the base cutouts on the drawer fronts darker to give the illusion of depth between the “feet”. It also created a handle to open them with.
The 1/4 sawn Oak head board is built in to the window trim.
I made the 5” oak cove crown with my table saw and a diagonal jig.
We also built a 7’ long “sweater and shoe cabinet” in the hallway.
The upper center cabinet has glass shelves and puck lights to display my wife’s collection of personal keepsakes.
We reworked the window layout for the salvaged Pella units, installed a NOS Pella 6 ft. sliding door,
vaulted the ceiling, added 4×8 recycled beams and oak flooring.
Not to mention: new insulation, new rough electrical/ media/ alarm panel, 8 recessed cans, ceiling fan, new drywall, plywood sub siding, new triple 4” cement siding and ext. trim including cedar shingles at gable, new roofing with a new ridge vent.
Also: Jacked up addition 1-1/2” to re-level, add huge bolts to existing foundation to prevent further settling, doubled up 2×10 floor joists, glued 2×2s on bottom of 2×6 rafters to increase insulation space and make room for cans, install new sub floor, replace duct work and demo old cast iron plumbing.
And….. build new deck, regrade dirt to shed water better, gutters, complete int. and ext. paint, landscaping, etc.