|Project by Chris Davis||posted 01-21-2011 03:07 PM||2018 views||2 times favorited||1 comment|
The customer wasn’t sure if they would want the canopy or not, so made it to where the canopy could removed without seeing any fasteners. What I did was to half-lap the joints and use the lag screws in the finials to hole it into place. There were a lot of half circle cutting which I did using a template that I made. Actually I made two because the spacing was different on the trundle then the rest of the bed.
The post was glued up poplar with a hollow core. I did fill the top edge so that the lag screw would have something to bite into.
The finish was suppose to be a Milk paint, but we had trouble getting it in, so we matched the color in a flat lacquer.
-- Watch live video from our shop. http://www.wwbeds.com/#!current-projects/c3c1