|Project by learnin2do||posted 01-14-2011 05:58 AM||1331 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
I wish i had a before picture of this piece of Cherry. It was so interesting looking. My man saved it for me from one of his tree jobs. It has been calling to me from the corner throughout all of the Christmas projects, so i finally let it out.
-i tried that epoxy-rock technique thing i’ve seen some of you guys use, to try to camouflage an unexpected crack. This time, i mixed the rock bits in the epoxy, instead of trying to place them in it on the piece. It was much better. It was a smaller space to fill though.
I used the chainsaw attachment on my grinder, the sander/grinder, and a plethora of router and sanding attachments, and …the dreaded hand-sanding…
i don’t know about finishes so far, it just has mineral oil on it…and some bee’swax and eucalyptus oil lip balm my friend makes :)
-I used these HarborFreight special polishing disc things to create something to sand in the bottom, which is always a challenge. I sanded off a pretty spent one, and epoxyed a patch of velcro to the disc backing. Then…WHALAH!! ...a use for …at least the inside circle of all those spent sanding discs i hoard as if they will magically come back to life so that i may get my money$ worth!
-- ~christine @ used2btrees