|Project by dlmckirdy||posted 01-13-2011 01:46 AM||1582 views||5 times favorited||10 comments|
I made this for my Mother-in-Law for CHRISTmas. What do you get a mother-in-law who thinks she has seen it all?...Something she never dreamed of! After she remodeled her kitchen earlier in the year, she complained about the still poor air circulation in the kitchen. She also adores chickens, so what would be better than a ROOSTER TABLETOP FAN.
The body is three layers of 4/4 Padouk. The outline was cut with the pieces taped together, then each piece’s center hole was cut in a cone shape to fit the fan shroud nearly perfectly prior to glue-up. The wing, tail feathers, and beak are Yellowheart, and the comb and waddle are Lacewood. Theree was no dye or paint used on this project. I was finished with three coats of clear polyurethane, sanded to 400 grit between coats. The only modification to the original fan was the screw mounting holes drilled into the shroud to mount the body and wing.
-- Doug, Bakersfield, CA - I measured twice, cut it twice, and it is still too short!