|Project by daiku1||posted 01-01-2008 04:03 AM||2080 views||5 times favorited||15 comments|
This project is based on a commercial oven that my daughter played with in her pre, pre-school class. I took the measurements there, and made mine more or less to match with 1/2” appleply rather than the 5/8” they were using for the one at her school. I made the stovetop patterns using my computer, and then printed them out on T-Shirt transfer paper. I then applied the design using my wife’s Iron (shh!). Finish is brush on poly, with a final spray coat. The “oven window” was spray painted on a taped off pattern with blue painters tape surround. Hardware includes a Piano Hinge and magnetic catch. Drop down latch to be added after New Years.
Construction was Dado and doweling, with the control knobs made from Closet Rod. It isn’t perfect, but I had a fixed deadline of December 24th at Midnight!
Sorry for the picture, but I took it off a video frame as she opened up the present on Christmas Morning :) The second picture is of the original in her class for comparison.