|Project by mafe||posted 01-09-2011 06:22 PM||3744 views||2 times favorited||36 comments|
Mathildes Christmas gifts
daughter’s and fathers!
My sweet daughter Mathilda asked me if we could go in the work shop and do some presents for her mother’s family, and I was of course more than happy for this proposal!
1. Like father like daughter! (or what they say…) ok there was no tobacco in the pipe.
2. Band saw cutting the shapes.
3. Freehand shaping on the Supersander.
4. Linseed oil, and patience after the sanding.
5. A heart for her mother, and waves for the mother’s sister, both are trivets for the dinner table.
6. Sure makes father proud in a very un-political way!
We had a wonderful time there together, a few hours of ‘doing’ suspended in time – precious moments.
At schools wood class Mathilda had made presents for me:
This one sure stole my heart, and will get a place in the entrance!
And look here! Lap joints freehand! My oh my! I’m so proud (even a wooden flag)!!!
Thank you my sweet daughter for a wonderful time, and for the best presents I ever had!
Here are the present I made for her at the workshop: Mathildes hearts box
Hope it can be to some inspiration, to others to bring the kids to the work shop,
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.