|Project by Dan||posted 01-08-2011 04:42 AM||1339 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This is a Christmas present I whipped together quickly for my mother and step father. I had a great deal of trouble gluing the crown molding together because of the angles. I ended up making an odd jig with some scrap and clamps. In the end it worked out pretty well.
There are a number of mistakes that I was not very happy about but I didn’t have the time or material to fix them. The biggest one is that the eggs were not cut correctly so the pattern does not wrap around the frame correctly. My mother didn’t seam to notice and she was happy so I guess that’s what matters.
It was my first time making a frame out of crown molding and I would definitely do a few things differently next time.
-- Will work for wood...