or Join Now!
I had a friend who liked theTV center I made for my daughter, so he had asked me to build one for him. This one is painted verses stained, with open areas on the ends to house his stereo speakers. He was very happy.
-- "Everythings' gonna be gravy"
home | projects | blog
19 posts in 2845 days
Preview this project card
1117 posts in 2390 days
#1 posted 01-07-2011 03:57 AM
What paint did you use?
228 posts in 2241 days
#2 posted 01-07-2011 11:00 AM
Nice project, very elegant style.
-- My Master is Mankind's Greatest Carpenter.
16717 posts in 2519 days
#3 posted 01-07-2011 11:24 AM
This is the 2nd one of yours that I really like. Can you give me an idea on the type of glass and what kind of price I can expect to pay to have the glass done. Where do you get the spindles as well? I’m really thinking of using your style to build one of the beauty’s. Did you come up with the plans or see them some where? What kind of dimensions are these. Thx in advance for any help you can provide me.
-- Ken, "Everyday above ground is a good day!"
15491 posts in 2664 days
#4 posted 01-07-2011 05:52 PM
Very elegant design, and I liked your solution with the glass superstructure. An altogether stylish piece that looks very well made.
-- Mike, an American living in Norway.
722 posts in 2437 days
#5 posted 01-07-2011 06:13 PM
Well Done TV Entertainment Center
Keep up the good work
-- Best Regards With Personalized Rocking Chairs And Furniture On My Mind, http://mynoblebear.com
#6 posted 01-08-2011 02:23 AM
Thanks guys,This is my own design. I don’t know where it came from because I have never designed much of anything. I was just sitting, thinking with some scratch paper and it came to me. So I built it.
The total unit is 68 1/2” long by 19 1/2 deep. The drawer openings are 10” and the center door section opening is 24”. The smoked tempered glass top is 48” long by 18” deep and 3/8 thick. It cost about $150. The feet and pedistals used to hold the glass were purchased from Hafele for about $10 each. They are basically screw-in feet turned up side down to match the bottom feet. I used 3/4 domestic birch plywood with hard maple edgebanding for the top and bottom sections. I also used very good drawer glides. The total cost of materials came to $600, give or take $50. The paint used in the center section is green satin Sherwin Williams. The top and bottom (two 3/4 ” plywood glued) is covered with 3 coats of minwax black stain and poly mix. I also shot a coat of clear satin poly on the top and bottom. Please let me know if i can be of further help.
#7 posted 01-08-2011 07:02 PM
Thank-you for taking the time to give us the helpful information on your project. If there is, one area I have been concentrating on in woodworking its also designing things myself. I used Goggle Sketch-up to design my outdoor kitchen from scratch and Blondie and I built it ourselves. We were very happy on how it came out. http://lumberjocks.com/projects/32755
You have given me some great ideas with your project and look Fwd to attacking this.
Go to Pulse page »
©2016 Verticalscope Inc. All Rights Reserved. |
Terms of Service
DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.
Latest Projects |
Latest Blog Entries |
Latest Forum Topics