|Project by Mark||posted 01-04-2011 09:41 PM||2674 views||2 times favorited||18 comments|
So this is the second rad cover I had made for the same client as the first. Once again, solid maple, american walnut stain, wipe on poly finish. This was a pain in the butt just as much as the first but two separate reasons. Staining was my first problem but sanding is the reason for this one. I did the first one with a random orbital sander and the second one with the 1/4 sheet palm sander. I have officially given up on the 1/4 sheet. I had to go over all my sanding this time with the orbital sander. But, it came out beautiful.
New update. I have just added three more pics of the project in its place. I love the way it looks and I really love its finish! A big thanks goes out to my client with all the support and another thanks for the pictures of the project in its home! Helps me alot big time! I had to add the pic of the rad heater itself just to show you what kind of warming character these really bring into a home. I love them! I might build some for my own home and I don’t even have rad heaters lol!
-- My purpose in life: Making sawdust