|Project by CreekWoodworker||posted 1083 days ago||1479 views||18 times favorited||12 comments|
I made three more of my napkin holders. One was for a customer that found me through LumberJocks. Since I was building one I thought for about the same amount of time I could build three. I found out most of my time is in sanding by hand so there was not a lot of time savings. I cut all the pieces out for all three, then sanded and finished the one for the paying customer just before Thanksgiving. The other two I finished just in time to put under the Christmas tree as gifts.
These are made out of cherry and purpleheart, finished with one coat of 1 lb shellack and four coats of a wipe on tung oil finish. I think these turned out better then my original.
-- Mike ...Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction