|Project by learnin2do||posted 12-30-2010 11:44 PM||1660 views||2 times favorited||11 comments|
I’m still trying to catch up. From reading other folks project descriptions, i see i am not alone!
-This is a walnut and unidentified wood (really cool with these green streaks in it – i heard it could be poplar)
...mirror frame that was a request from my son and his significant other. I think it is about 4 or so feet tall.
My man cut those cool branch crotches for me that i used in the corners. He cuts crazy pieces and says ” i know if i cut something like that, you will find something to do with it.” -well i finally figured out what to do with those. I had to use the not-so-pretty side of one, by default of the design.
I also tried that rock inlay thing some of you folks do in the natural cracks and openings …i need to stick to epoxying beetles and junk in there and just leaving them as-is.
I am ready to get back to big outdoor projects that do not require such precision cutting and extensive sanding!
Like everything else, it has a lot of mistakes and filler to try to camouflage them.
One day i am going to build a house out of wood glue and sawdust.
BTW -I did not get the mitre saw until after i had already assembled the glue-up!