|Project by CSlabon||posted 12-27-2010 05:52 AM||1063 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
These are the first ornaments I’ve tried turning but they were so much fun, I’ll be making a lot more. The first one is from a piece of olive burl and maple. I turned it round and then hollowed it. Then I turned the top and bottom finials with a short tennon on each one and glued them in with super glue. Then a spray laquer finish.
The tree idea came from a demo. at the last woodworkers meeting. I took it one step further by mixing acrylic paint and water and dipping the top(green). The water made the fibers pop out in the slots I cut with the parting tool. So it kind of looked like needles. Then the same laquer finish. I turned a few more for my nieces and nephews to paint and hang on their tree.