|Project by Tomw||posted 12-23-2010 09:27 PM||2093 views||2 times favorited||6 comments|
With credit to Mary Anne and Spalm for inspiration & tutorials, I made 4 of these as gifts (the mate of the drunken board was already wrapped for shipment to my sister in Canada before I thought to take pictures.) I couldn’t get the radiused boards to match up the way Spalm described. My bandsaw is a 20-year-old 80” Sears model that I paid $50 for, and it wouldn’t cut the arcs consistently even with the jig, so I used the same trick as the drunken boards, taping a blank of cherry on top of a blank of oak—worked like a charm. Cherry and white oak, with sanding sealer and thinned wipe-on varnish. For feet, I found some silicon self stick bumpers at Lowe’s, but didn’t think they would stay put, so I drilled holes in them with a countersink bit and fastened them with 1/2” SS screws. There’s got to be a better way to put feet on these types of projects.