|Project by JamesVavra||posted 12-18-2010 11:15 PM||4283 views||19 times favorited||13 comments|
I started this project about six months ago by laminating two thicknesses of 3/4” melamine-faced chipboard together and then routing out a recess for a replaceable insert. The table is about 16” x 20” x 1.5”.
Since I’ve finally finished all of the Christmas project, I decided to finish the drillpress table. Today I installed all of the t-slots, built the fence and stop block, cut out hold downs, and mounted it on the existing table.
The fence is about 4” high and an 1.5” thick. I’ve got a shot of underneath to show the method I used to mount it to the table – scraps of lattice molding and half-inch plywood on all four sides of the table.
The hold downs work pretty well, but I’ll probably need to make some additional ones in different sizes – they only work on things up to about an inch thick.