|Project by NewPickeringWdWrkr||posted 12-16-2010 05:15 AM||1337 views||2 times favorited||5 comments|
Decided to try my hand at router bowl making and had a mishap partway through. Decided to see where it would take me and came up with this. You can read about my journey in more detail on my blog.
Not mentioned in the blog:
- bottom layer is walnut
- top layer is quartersawn curly maple scraps
- finish is 2# super blonde shellac
- hand rubbed with brown paper
- It was also my first project to be photographed in a home made light box.
- It’s also my first ‘named’ project
Had fun making this and it helped me grow by not just chucking it into the fire just because I screwed up the plan.
Thanks for looking.
-- Mike - Antero's Urban Wood Designs http://anterosurbanwooddesigns.com