LumberJocks

Entertainment Center to Entertainment Console

  • Advertise with us
Project by Cheyenne posted 12-14-2010 10:08 PM 3281 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch

These folks had a big heavy oak entertainment center designed for an old CRTV. Now they have a remodeled a little less heavy oak entertainment console for a flatscreen TV.

It took about 2 1/2 hours to do this furniture remodel. Once all of the doors were removed and the top was popped off it was just a matter of cutting the three verticals down and reattaching the top and trim.

This is a really nice well built piece of furniture that most people would have sold in order to get a new piece of furniture but instead they decided to adapt and give this piece of furniture a new functional life!

They were excited with the new look and that’s the most rewarding thing about working for individuals. Thanks for looking.

-- Cheyenne - Nashville,TN





7 comments so far

View Kate's profile

Kate

396 posts in 2540 days


#1 posted 12-14-2010 10:27 PM

Nice update. In 100 years maybe someone will add a top back on and it will go around again.

Looks good.

-- Kate, http://www.wooden-box-maker.com

View kshipp's profile

kshipp

179 posts in 2443 days


#2 posted 12-14-2010 11:14 PM

Looks good. Much better than trying to sell it and buy a new one.

I did this also and it works out great.

It sure beats the alternative. :)

-- Kyle Shipp, http://battleshipp.blogspot.com

View TheGravedigger's profile

TheGravedigger

963 posts in 2689 days


#3 posted 12-15-2010 03:37 AM

Great idea! I never would have thought of it.

-- Robert - Visit my woodworking blog: http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com

View Szczuldo's profile

Szczuldo

42 posts in 1439 days


#4 posted 12-15-2010 02:45 PM

I actually have a very similar project that I need to work on. In fact the center looks nearly identical except for colour and door design. I just need to figure out how to go about doing this one since all the joints are glued and not screwed like most off the shelf furniture.

-- -Alexei

View Cheyenne's profile

Cheyenne

110 posts in 1532 days


#5 posted 12-15-2010 03:25 PM

Alexei, the joints on this one were glued and also brad nailed in from the top with putty covering them. The dentil molding was just nailed on thru the face. I removed the dental molding first. Then just took a rubber mallet to the top and the glue and brads pulled out. Instead of backing the brads out and having holes to fill I just broke them off on the underside. Once I cut everything down I just reattached the top with glue and biscuits and then the molding with glue and brads. I told the customer to try to not pick up the furniture by it’s top and instead pick it up from the bottom. Hope this helps.

-- Cheyenne - Nashville,TN

View spunwood's profile

spunwood

1194 posts in 1501 days


#6 posted 12-17-2010 04:48 AM

Looks good man. Glad to see you are keeping busy. How iis the built in project coming?

-- I came, I was conquered, I was born again. ἵνα ὦσιν ἓν

View Cheyenne's profile

Cheyenne

110 posts in 1532 days


#7 posted 12-17-2010 09:56 PM

Thanks Brandon. Hopefully the built in will be completely installed this weekend. I got most of the way done on Sunday before the snow hit but had to leave before I finihsed. Just got to put the crown on and paint touchup and it’ll be done finally!

-- Cheyenne - Nashville,TN

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase