|Project by Mark Blomster||posted 12-06-2010 08:27 AM||2980 views||27 times favorited||11 comments|
Something different I did with the scraps I had from making many hand mirrors. I re-sawed the stock to about 3/32” and glued it to a plywood substrate. I banded one edge and assembled the frames. When the glue had dried, I drove 3/8” dowels through to secure the joints. Then, applied the outer banding and finished with tung oil. Nothing fancy, but the figured wood went a long way and I was happy with the results!
The woods are: Leopardwood and Cherry. Zebrawood and Peruvian walnut. Tiger Maple and Wenge. Birdseye Maple and Padauk.