|Project by Manasseh||posted 12-01-2010 08:29 PM||1410 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
I discovered that I really like pecan wood. This is my 1st box
Things I learned:
1) Miter cuts with a table saw.
2) wooden hinges (made of mesquite)
3) glue the bottom at the same you glue the sides (learn by errors)
4) Lumber Jocks don’t lie when they say pecan move a bunch (like when the saw heats up the wood during cutting).
5) Mesquite and Pecan are a great Texas wood combo.
I have about 100 bf of pecan already milled up and drying. I cannot wait for the next year or so to pass. I may make kitchen and/or bathroom cabinets out of it.
Next time I will construct differently expecially if for a gift or commission. This project is good enough to hang out at my house, though.
-- Someday I will be more than a sawdust wisperer