|Project by Dave||posted 11-25-2010 08:31 PM||1722 views||0 times favorited||9 comments|
This started as a board I was given for my birthday. It was a 1 by 8 popular board. So I decided to make an old style candle box. I also wanted to try a french polish. My intentions were to just use hand tools. I did this all but the roman o gee that I used my router table for. I wanted my dovetails to be uneven. I used amber shellac for the polish. That was one of many mistakes. I should have use a blond shellac. Also my surfaces were hand planed to get the milling marks off. This left some high spots. So during the wet sanding the shellac is much thinner in places. Along with the blotching it doesn’t look very good. Hopefully with time it will darken.
-- Superdav "No matter where you go - there you are." http://chiselandforge.com