|Project by Rustic||posted 1114 days ago||1103 views||0 times favorited||10 comments|
Here is the completed scoop plus a few extra.
All I did with the bottom is sort of follow the contour of the rough out and just smoothed it over. The first one I did, I turned it into a teabag strainer. I had screwed up the inside and had a blowout. Thanks to mpounders for the idea of adding a few more holes for geting the last little bit of tea out of the bag. I finally got wise and decided to use a 1 1/2 inch forstner bit to drill out the scoop part. (until I get the gouge I really want)
Drilling the inside of the scoop before you start the rough out was my aha moment. I then finished them with walnut oil. As you can see I even tried to make one like the plastic scoop I have already. The second picture is the last scoop I made. Come to find out it is a hair under 1/2 TBSP. I am now officially hooked on making scoops. A little more refinement and I will be golden.
Hope this helps all who are following
-- www.carvingandturningsbyrick.com, Rick Kruse, Grand Rapids, MI