|Project by tenacrewoods||posted 11-11-2010 05:31 AM||1248 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
I found the plans for this a few years ago in the Shopsmith magazine online. The pieces were easy to cut out on the bandsaw. Following the plans, after staining the dark pieces, I dipped all of them in polyurithaine, let then sit for awhile, then rubbed them off. I did this a few times and they turned out nice. The table worked out well, except two years later, in mid winter, the center of the board split. The only way to fix it is to cut off the outer edges, seperate the split, run both edges lightly across the jointer, re-glue and add new edges. No, I haven’t done that yet.
-- Ten Acre Woods, Ford River, Michigan