|Project by sgtsprout||posted 1354 days ago||1695 views||2 times favorited||6 comments|
This is my first project post. I am figureing out one post at a time. So for now since I have photobucket on my phone and it is easy to upload I will start with those projects that happen to be on my phone. So we have Zero Clearance Inserts made a few months ago. Not a whole lot to it. I bought the phenolic material from a woodworking show in Reading, PA. Luckily I bought the risht size thickness for my old Jet CTAS-10 Table Saw. Next task was to cut them down to workable sizes. I did that on the miter saw. I then used the bandsaw to get them close to the pattern using my older insert. What I didn’t do is use a router to cut down actual size and shape. Rather I just used the sander. Next time I will use the router to do so. As for cutting the saw blade into the material that was interesting. my saw blade does not sit down low enough. I shaved out the location with a good ol fashion chisel. Then layed a nice hard wood down over top and clamp the sucker down with clamps and by bess fence. Just slowly brought the blade up little by little, lower every so often. Not sure if I missed much. Oh the threaded inserts I bought at one of the local hardware stores and drilled them in with the drill press. I then threaded them with the threader thingy. And done.
-- "There are no gains without pains." -Benjamin Franklin