|Project by Ripthorn||posted 11-08-2010 02:04 AM||3255 views||21 times favorited||22 comments|
I have been working on this one for quite some time. It has been interrupted by a cross country move, another move, a new job, and various other things. But it’s finally done. There is a partial burst finish around the top due to a visible glue joint that I tried to “fix”, but which only got worse every time I tried to do something with it. All in all, though, I am fairly pleased with it.
Body is a five-ply lamination of walnut, alder, african mahogany, alder, walnut and the neck is a 7 ply lamination of maple/walnut/maple/mahogany/maple/walnut/maple. Fretboard is pau ferro and markers are artist’s charcoal dust mixed with brass filings in epoxy.
-- Brian T. - Exact science is not an exact science