|Project by Bill Akins||posted 11-05-2010 12:53 AM||3802 views||3 times favorited||9 comments|
I just finished my first bandsaw box. It is made from a maple log that I was going to use for a bowl blank but had a real bad spot so I made this instead. The pulls are walnut. After origonally cutting it out, I went back and modified the outer edge. I finished it with a sealer coat of thinned shellac. My wife wanted it a bit darker so I used a bit of stain. I then topped it with a hand wiped mix of satin poly and mineral spirits. After that set up I put flocking in the drawers. I have never tried flocking before but it was a simple procedure and we love the results. I have several orders for more now. A very fun project.
-- Bill from Lithia Springs, GA I love the smell of sawdust in the morning.