|Project by captkerk||posted 10-25-2010 05:16 AM||10988 views||8 times favorited||6 comments|
The wife bought a cheap plastic banana hanger years ago that broke and I figured it would look and work much better in wood. I used the plastic original as a template to make the scrap wood version but soon found that it was really tricky to pattern-rout the profile of the arm since there would always be a section where the bit would have to cut against the grain. After two or three failed attempts that kicked-back and destroyed the wood piece but luckily didn’t injure me, I finally got it to work with a piece of scrap walnut to go with the spalted maple base I cut out a long time ago. A couple of screws and a couple coats of tongue oil and it is finally in the kitchen.