|Project by JBfromMN||posted 10-22-2010 02:28 PM||1487 views||4 times favorited||6 comments|
This is a project I did a few years ago.
My wife and I had spent quite a bit of money on a nice bedroom set. We purchased it before I got into serious woodworking ;).
We could never find some bed side lamps that would match.
The oak for the lamps came from runners that were used to deliver a plastic shed kit my dad ordered. They were strapped to the underside of the kit so it could be picked up with a forklift. They were 3” X 3” X 24” pieces with a groove down one side where the metal strapping ran. I was able to resaw the pieces and plane them down to 3/4 to use for the vertical parts of the lamps. Took apart some fugly lamps we were given that we had been using for the hard ware. Some time later we got new shades to better match the furniture.
Hope you all like them and let me know what you think.