|Project by techyman2||posted 10-19-2010 09:36 PM||7708 views||45 times favorited||19 comments|
I have started a new project building my first cello. It seems to be a right of passage for serious instrument builders. I noticed on a blog that these clamps were used so I searched the net and found some plans. They seem to work quite well. Not bad out of a pile of scrap beech. I still need to put cork pads on the jaws, due in the post any day now, isn’t ebay great. I needed 6 clamps which took about 3hrs to complete. If I had a circular saw, planer and thicknesser it would have taken less time I had to do morticing of the cam slot with drill and chisel at the bench. Good for the soul I guess.
-- Dave D