|Project by natrous||posted 10-12-2010 02:44 PM||2937 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
The second radiator cover I made. It was for the bathroom and, since there isn’t much room squashed in behind the vanity, I was concerned about air flow. So I modified the original plans to open up the sides (which made it look a lot better, too, in my opinion).
I also didn’t like how unstable the first cover was, so I added the metal pins you can see in pic #2 above. They fit into a pair of angle-brackets that are attached to the wall above the radiator. I taped over the holes in the brackets with a bit of UHMW tape and scored an x in the center so the pins could poke through. Turned out just great – no wiggling or clicking and I can take the cover off easily to bleed the radiators.
Poplar frame. I can’t remember if I did pine on top, or if I had a wide enough poplar stock for this one.
-- I do not like work even when someone else does it. - Mark Twain