|Project by itsme_timd||posted 12-03-2007 07:07 AM||3843 views||0 times favorited||9 comments|
Here it is… my first completed project!
It’s a fairly simple piece but I’m very pleased with the way it came out. I used poplar to make the front frame and then ripped some pieces down 1/2” narrower for the back frame so the insert could nest inside. Biscuit joined the top frame and then used dowels to secure the rear frame to the front. The insert is MDF covered in fabric. I messed up the paint on this the first time – my impatience got the best of me – and I smeared the paint and had to sand and recoat. Finished with some clear coat.
I used a 200lb. picture hanging track to mount the headboard directly to the wall.
My next project post is of some simple picture frames I made to match the headboard.
-- Tim D. - Woodstock, GA