|Project by Will Stokes||posted 09-24-2010 09:26 PM||12814 views||22 times favorited||18 comments|
Was out shopping with the LOML the other day when she spotted a rather disappointing shoe rack. I suggested I could easily make one much better. With a week till her birthday I pounded this project out, a few hours each night. My Dad helped me complete it including sanding, attaching the slats, and putting in the plugs. The legs and aprons are cherry while the slats are black walnut. I have no clue what the plugs are, some piece of exotic scrap I cut plugs from. I got the scrap from another LJ at a picnic earlier this summer. Three coats of T&T varnish oil followed up by three coats of wipe-on poly and she’s finally all done. Not as many new things for me on this project aside from using metal (to attach the slats) and finally took a stab at real thru tenons and real pins using my new mortiser. Still need some practice but getting there.