|Project by groy87||posted 970 days ago||1379 views||1 time favorited||14 comments|
After seeing how trifern dyed his pieces and the pipes that Alaskadiver made..I had to give it a try :).
The pipe was hand carved with a dremel tool and I used multiple layers of alcohol based stains to bring out the grain.
I have to say that I really like how the pipe came out..especially since it represents multiple ‘firsts’ for me. This is the 1st pipe that I’ve ever made, the 1st time I have ever attempted contrast staining, and the 1st time I have ever used the buffing system to finish one of my pieces.
I want to thank everyone who put up with all of my questions while I made the pipe.
ps sorry about the poor picture quality, since I don’t have a digital camera they were taken with my phone.