|Project by shopmania||posted 1003 days ago||961 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
My other daughter needed a side table for her dining room at her college house she rents with 2 roomies. So I had a piece of oak ply wood about the right size. I recently picked up a taper jig, so this is my fist effort at making tapered legs. It worked great except I did get some burn marks I had to sand out. I mad the trim for the top from 1×2 by routing an ogee pattern on opposite corners. I sprayed on an aniline dye mixed with denatured alcohol. I was going to try the water based dye, but the guy at woodcraft said that would raise the grain more, requiring more sanding and possibly sanding off some stain, requiring a 2nd coat. Other than making some mess when i cut open the 2 oz. bottle of stain, I was very happy with the results. Several coats of poly sprayed on with an HVLP to top it off. Now she wants a bigger table (buffet) with some drawers. There doesn’t seem to be any end to the projects!
-- Tim, Myrtle Beach, DrTim@ONeillChiro.com- Just one more tool, that's all I need! :)