|Project by Routerisstillmyname||posted 09-20-2010 04:23 AM||5155 views||14 times favorited||5 comments|
All I need is an English carny to do an infomercial…… But wait..
This should have been the first thing I made when I got my TS but I didn’t have an industrial Dust collection up until last weekend (thank you HF) and the shop vac connected to the contractors saws puny output didn’t make much of a difference.
So, after eating dust for about two years here I am.
Part 1 covers the lower main section of dust collection which includes sealing of the back and front. Hence sacrificing tilt. But I rarely do angle cuts and if need be, I can always remove the 2 blocking culprits.
I decided on the Big Horn dust hood. Note that there’s also a big gulp that looks just like this with one major difference, that one does not have lip on all 4 sides and can’t be used in TS. So after I made the correct size frame and hole, and holding brackets, I cut it in half. (the only way to install it unless you want to take the TS apart).
The cutoff for the back was ez and a strip of tape from inside, took care of front. So about 75% of dust has been eliminated. In Part 2 I will be adding over the blade gizmo.That should Eliminate rest of the dust.
THX for looking.
-- Router è ancora il mio nome.