|Project by Dan'um Style||posted 11-30-2007 06:14 AM||2093 views||6 times favorited||22 comments|
Last weekend I started 5 frames. The first three are now complete. The first 2 already posted.
Broke my Delta Morticing machine last night. It’s the second one I broke in the past 3 years. Broke off the indexing teeth at the base of the handle. The last two frames will need to be machined another way until I find the right part.
Attached is my latest bronzed tile version of my haunted forest tiles. Little different patina methods, but much the same process. This one has a little more color.
Frame is made from white oak, curly quatersawn and quartersawn. Saving the good stuff for Christmas.
The lattice work is made from Andrioba, African hardwood. Real nice material. Kind of like mahogany, but different texture and hardness. More like walnut.
Finish on both hardwoods is the same. Dark oak dye, mahogany oil stain, seedlac and dark paste wax.
A variation in design. Used the same templates for the side corbel shapes and rather then a peaked roof type shape this one is curved. Not quite a dutch curve, but a fare curve
-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain