|Project by CanalboatJim||posted 09-13-2010 02:32 AM||1645 views||3 times favorited||9 comments|
This is the first project I’ve posted all summer. My wife decided that we needed to replace and update the railing on the front porch. The railing and balusters were purchased and are longleaf pine. I boxed in the supports and built the brackets out of poplar. Where possible I used biscuits and pocket screws to avoid visible nails. Everything has three coats of paint and was painted prior to assembly where ever possible. Trying to do cabinet grade joinery when rough carpentry would have been the more normal way of construction slowed us down, but the end result was worth it. My wife did all of the painting and together we did the final instillation.
-- Jim Westbrooks