|Project by ghazard||posted 08-27-2010 03:45 AM||2330 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
Here are a few projects.
1. Maple and Mahogany Cutting Board Set: 15.5” x 11” cutting board with a 7.75” x 7.25” cheese/fruit board. Both just shy of 1.5” thick. Finished with butcher block finish by the Michigan Maple Block Co.
2. Afromosia Coasters: 4” x 4” x .5” with a grooved top. 3 coats poly. Wedding gifts.
3. Cherry Crosses: 6.5” tall x 4” wide. The cherry in all 4 crosses came from the same board. The 2 darker crosses only about 4in away from the heartwood used in the lighter 2. Finished with 3 coats poly…will add wax in a few more days for a nice soft feel.
4. Curly Maple Recipe Box: This will be a wedding gift for my sister next month. We will add customized recipe cards. 7.5” x 5.5” x 5.25” tall. 3 Coats poly and will add wax for a soft feel. Purpleheart, Paduk and Wenge inlaid on the lid and a wenge lid pull. One small magnet in the center of the lid for a slight tug on the lid to open. Really pleased with the way this turned out.
5. Paduk & Wenge Travel Jewlery Box:2.5” x 2” x 1.75” tall. I put this little guy together as I was making the maple box to surprise my wife with. She uses it to put her jewelry in at night and to toss in her makeup bag when we travel. 3 coats poly and wax. 2 strong magnets on the lid to be sure it stays closed when she travels. Works well.
Thanks for looking!
-- "Hey, you dang woodchucks! Quit chuckin' my wood!"