|Project by mpounders||posted 07-21-2010 01:01 AM||1310 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
Here are a couple of canes I finished a few weeks back. I had some lacewood that was too thin for my usual handles, so I glued it up and cut it down. I used some crape myrtle for the shaft, but decided to remove the bark. The lacewood made a pretty wild looking handle, so I glued up the cut-offs from the first handle with some paduak I had planed down and made the second cane with a shaft of Bradford pear. I love the dark bark of the pear with the little gold and red flecks in it and the twisted shapes of the limbs. Advice and comments are welcomed. Thanks for looking!
-- Mike P., Arkansas, http://mikepounders.weebly.com