|Project by TheGravedigger||posted 1472 days ago||3482 views||12 times favorited||6 comments|
This is my version of the shavehorse designed by Brian Boggs. Like others, I used dimensional SYP rather than maple or other expensive hardwood. I solved the problem of a narrower head by adding a pair of spacers between the body and the arms to allow for a wider head system. I also placed my V-groove in the upper rotating jaw rather than the lower one, which seems to give a bit more flexibility with workholding. Leather on both jaws eliminates slippage. I’ve used the horse for a few weeks now, and have nothing but praise for the design.
-- Robert - Visit my woodworking blog: http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com