Upholstered Headboard

  • Advertise with us
Project by jayman7 posted 07-16-2010 06:28 PM 1835 views 3 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch

I originally wanted to buy one but they went for at least $300-$400 (crazy). After everything, this project cost only about $60 and took about 4 hours start to finish. The 40% off coupons at Joann Fabrics really came in handy!

This project was a combination of woodworking and upholstery, which I’ve never done before. It kinda hurt to use a perfectly good piece of 3/4” red oak plywood, but it was really a leftover piece and it was sized perfectly for the project. At least it isn’t taking up room in the shop anymore. That way I didn’t have to go out and buy a full sheet of cheap ply just for the project also.

I built up the frame with strips of plywood to add thickness and to make it more sturdy. I attached a 2” foam to the plywood with spray adhesive and a piece of polyester batting over that. Then I laid down the linen and used a staple gun around the back edges. I drilled out holes for the buttons and used a button making kit to attach the buttons. The headboard was hung on the wall using a french cleat system.

0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics