|Project by Boneski||posted 07-16-2010 02:08 AM||2450 views||6 times favorited||7 comments|
The last step in the construction of my assembly table was to make some drawers for it.
I started by purchasing some fairly cheap 12 and 9mm poplar core ply for the carcases and drawers.
The carcase construction was fairly straight forward – nothing fancy. For the drawers, I used a drawer lock joint and the standard rabbet slot base construction.
The back is a peice of the 9mm ply. I made the moulding on the router table with two custom profiles, although the top looks the same. I used a pencil round shadow line edge to hide any excessive gaps…. Of course I didn’t need this feature because it all turned out to be a real nice fit.
The drawer faces are cope and stick / raised panel made from clear pine. These came out pretty good for a first effort employing this construction method… probably a little too good for a work bench.
I gave the whole bench a drink of linseed oil and turps. The clear pine on the drawer faces came up real yellow. Nice.
The last two pics show the beginning of drawer population. Things are starting to find a home.
-- Blinded by brilliance