|Project by patron||posted 07-04-2010 08:42 PM||2229 views||0 times favorited||27 comments|
i just completed this replacement drawer for a lady ,
i was surprised at how simple it was put together ,
i thought maybe rabbets at least .
aside from a 3 edge rabbet on the face ,
it was butt joints and glue and brads ,
with a dado for the bottom ,
so i milled some pine for the front ,
and some aspen T&G for the sides and back ,
a saw kerf for the bottom ,
the bottom is 1/8” pine doorskin ,
i just happened to have laying around ,
i did have to rebuild the original ,
it was loose ,
so i re-glued and clamped it .
should be good for another 30 years (LOL) !
nothing fancy here ,
but sometimes things can just be simple too ,
i don’t even have to stain it ,
she will take care of that .
-- david - only thru kindness can this world be whole . If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. Dan Quayle