|Project by Mark A. DeCou||posted 06-24-2010 03:45 PM||5949 views||2 times favorited||6 comments|
This is a new product for me to offer in my Artisan Hat Tool line, which has grown rather quickly. This particular tool is called a Flange Stand, since it holds up a Flange used in Artisan Hatmaking Shops.
Flange Stands are used by Hat Makers to hold up a Brim Flange, so that the hat can be turned upside down and stuck down into the center of the Stand. This allows the flattening and shaping of the brim on a workbench or table top. The old looking “toilet seat shaped thing” is a Brim Flange. Brim Flanges come in hundreds of sizes and styles, but they all need to sit on a Flange Stand.
This Flange Stand was built for Rachel Pollock, a hat maker, costume designer, special topics lecturer, and a University level instructor on stage costumes and hats. She is a very talented lady, and Rachel's Labricoleuse Hat Making Blog can be found by clicking the link here.
Here is Rachel’s initial review of the new flange stand
To order one of these Flange Stands, you can email me, or commission an Order at my Etsy.com store
Thanks for looking,
Artisan Hat Tools by Mark DeCou Studio
(Do you want to see More? Just follow these links):
ALL HAT MAKING ITEMS THAT I HAVE IN STOCK
ARE LISTED IN MY ETSY.COM ONLINE SHOP, click here to check inventory
- Ebonized Walnut Clockwise with Laser Engraving
- Walnut Counter Clockwise w/Laser Engraving
- Walnut Uni-Directional Cutter
- Maple Deluxe Model, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Maple Deluxe Model, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Deluxe, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Deluxe, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Hobbyist-Hatter Model, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Hobbyist-Hatter Model, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Bench-Top Display Stand
- Oak Bench-Top Display Stand
Click here to check inventory
- Spradley Hats in Apline, TX
- Rachel Pollock of La Bricoleuse
- Brainpan Hat Shop in Sumner, WA
- Steve Delk's Adventurebilt Hat Co.
- Marc Kitter's Adventurebilt Hat Co.
- Pyrate Trading Co.
- Hatman Jack at Wichita Hat Works
- Inaaya Hat Co.
- Penman Hat Co.
- Complete Restoration of a Maillard Conformateur and Formillon
- New DeCou Formillion & Conformer, Prototypes #1 & #2
- Custom Designed Conformateur Carrying & Storage Case
- New Plot Base Board for the Maillard Allie Formillon
- Maple Wrench for Tightening Formillon Thumbnuts
- Left-Handed & Right-Handed Foot Tolliker
- Foot Tolliker: Elk Antler & Birch Wood, on a Display Stand
- Foot Tolliker: Walnut Wood, on a Display Stand
- Foot Tollikers: Three in White Birch Wood
- Foot Tollikers: Walnut Wood Set of Four
- Foot Tollikers, Birch Wood Double Set, on Display Stand
- Hinge-Shackle Curling Tool for the Homburg Hat
- Full Circle Shackle Curling Tool
- Half Circle Shacking Curling Tool
- Groove Tolliker Curing Tool
- “Coming Soon”, please check back.
(Note:This project story, project design, and photos are protected by copyright in 2008-2010 by the Author, M.A.DeCou., all rights reserved, no use allowed without expressed written permission.)
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com