|Project by MrsN||posted 06-18-2010 07:49 PM||1954 views||7 times favorited||5 comments|
I have a few more pendants I would like to show off, I hope you don’t mind.
I am a teacher, I wear a necklace most days. Since I make a lot of jewelry at home, I wear most of my own stuff. I have a stash of my stuff and a separate stash of things I might sell. I keep the first runs and prototypes of ideas I have. I like to be able to test out the durability of what I have in case I might sell it somebody. Anyway, back to the point. My students have decided that I have a different necklace for every day of the year. They are exaggerating, I could have a different necklace for every day of the quarter but I have favorites that I wear almost weekly.
1. bubinga with a shell bead. The bead spins on a horizontal axis.
2. A bunch of materials including narra, bubinga, bloodwood, maple, padauk, purpleheart, oak and Aluminum. I like the extra shine that aluminum gives the piece.
3. wenge framing aluminum. The dark wood really makes the aluminum stand out.
4. Something. Simple lines.
5. A different something with a bead. The bead is turquoise color with tan/brown spots, it looks like the world.
6. Cannarywood. The colors in the wood are amazing.
Thanks for looking.
-- ----- www.KNWoodworking.com ----- --