|Project by lilredweldingrod||posted 06-16-2010 08:37 AM||10143 views||45 times favorited||31 comments|
I needed more storage and yet I like my peg board. So this is my updated version. First I removed all the peg board. Made a carcass and rehung the peg board sections around the shelve carcass. The peg board on the back of the carcass is in 1/4” rabbits. I then made the adjustable shelves for the middle.
Third picture shows my very first attempt at through tenons in the mortises. Both doors came out perfectly square. Needless to say I was happy with this. My previous raised panel experiments were unmitigated disasters.I made the doors so that I could utilize the inside as well as the outside for hanging tools and other odds and ends.
I was going to paint the carcass, but I liked the birds eye pine on the two middle uprights. If you look close in the fifth picture it is visible.
I also added the face frame to the cabinets on top and a 4” light fixture behind the wide section for the uppere face frame.
I used three hinges to insure the strength of the doors.