|Project by Scamp||posted 06-14-2010 04:51 PM||1779 views||5 times favorited||24 comments|
The whole business of actually having to work for a living got in the way of getting this thing finished quickly. We moved into the new house six months ago and all of my books are still in boxes waiting for these cases to be done. The actual work wasn’ too hard – my biggest problem was getting the size right for the corner piece. I did a bunch of cardboard mockups trying to make sure I didn’t eat up too much of the room, but still had a decent width across the front.
It is all red oak – plywood for the cases and solid wood for the trim and shelf faces. I finishe it with danish oil with a bit of cherry in it to give it a bit of a red color.
-- Splinters build character...