|Project by cranesgonewild||posted 1406 days ago||2635 views||21 times favorited||12 comments|
I made two xylophones at the same time for my two nephews. I was really happy with the way these turned out, considering that I had no plans to go by. I found a picture on the internet of a plastic croc xylophone and tried to copy that, but with my own flare. Such as hanging it on the wall when not in use. My intentions for the eyes were suppose to be a little more in detail, but my wood carving skills were not up for it. So, I settled on two simple triangles for the eyes, which I’m really happy with.
The crocs were made out of pine. The hands and feet were cut with a slit on the tablesaw so the red felt could be glued inside. The dowels were all cut to size with a hole drilled in the middle and sanded which took a lot longer than I thought. I finished it all off with a green stain and clear coated afterwards.
The xylophone kit was bought at Lee Valley along with the two ‘drum’ sticks.
-- I'm a Fungi --