|Project by mtnwild||posted 06-11-2010 08:02 PM||3288 views||5 times favorited||20 comments|
My Son, finally got the computer all hooked so I can down load my photo’s. Yippee!
I’ve been thinking on this design for a while and finally got around to giving it a try.
Walnut for the wings, figured maple for the head and tail. More maple for the feet, stand and large insert, the small spacers are rosewood, with a walnut shaft.
I used a small finger joint bit I found in my clutter and it worked just right.
That’s about it. If you have any questions or comments, feel free.
Back to my latest project for now. I think I’m jinxing it by mentioning too soon. Have a ways to go yet. Had another set back and will take a little longer….......................It’s still looking good though…............
Boiled linseed oil finish. I really like the way it builds over time….............
-- mtnwild (Jack), It's not what you see, it's how you see it.