|Project by Tim29||posted 1312 days ago||1852 views||12 times favorited||13 comments|
We needed a changing table for our Daughter. We did not however, feel compelled to spend the $800 for one. So once again I bought several pieces of 2×6 and construction plywood and went to town making this new project.
I did have a bad problem with tearout on the top. I have not ever really experienced this problem until this project. I have to say that I am not a fan.
I would have liked to put drawers and doors on piece but building it this way made it much easier to get done and made it much cheaper. Plus I can always add them later.
The finish is 1 coat of Minwax Dark Walnut wood finish, then 1 coat of Minwax Red Mahogany finish. Then two coats of spray polyurethane, one brush on coat of poly, then two more spray coats of poly. Doing it this way is much more expensive but worth it. The two stains makes for a much richer color in the wood.
thanks for looking
-- Tim, Nevada MO