|Project by aj_houston||posted 05-15-2010 06:20 PM||3254 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
This was a simple little project that I did in a few hours to help impose some order on this small broom closet.
Three goals: provide a place to hang brooms and mops off the floor, provide a small shelf to hold cleaning supplies, and blend in with the existing woodwork (painted) since this closet right off my kitchen doesn’t have a door. There is an electrical panel in the closet that limits the options for making maximum use of the space.
Starting with a 6” spruce board, I cut the pieces to size and then cut a dado with my router to hold the shelf, glued it and then drilled in some 3” screws in the back . I routed a small chamfer along all edges for a more finished look and to soften the edge. I used the drill press to pre-drill all the holes before assembly. Slapped on some paint.
-- It is better to wear out than to rust out. --Cumberland